/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/OIALogo212-300x752.png 0 0 Oak Island Accommodations /wp-content/uploads/2016/08/OIALogo212-300x752.png Oak Island Accommodations2018-10-03 16:47:152018-10-03 16:47:15Precautionary Ocean Water Quality Advisory and Brunswick County State of Emergency Lifted
Oak Island Accommodations continues to welcome check-ins even as our administrative staff operates from a small satellite office while our main office is under repair. Approximately a foot of water entered our building during Hurricane Florence and we ask for your continued patience and understanding as we work to answer the high volume of calls and emails we are receiving from property owners, current guests, future guests and past guests. Any guests whose vacation rental property will not be rentable on their arrival date will be contacted directly by our office with options. All guests who do not receive notice that a move is necessary will be checked into their original rental property.
Conditions on the island and in Southport continue to improve every day:
- The State of Emergency declaration in Brunswick County was lifted as of 9:30 a.m. today.
- The precautionary ocean water quality advisory has been lifted for most swimming site in Brunswick County. For all the details on this update follow this link and click on the press release dated 10/2/18.
- There is no longer a low pressure (boil water) advisory.
- Sewer has been restored on the island.
- Provisions at area grocery stores are being resupplied.
- Floodwaters have receded allowing for many of the major thoroughfares to Brunswick County to reopen. For current road closures visit DriveNC.gov.
- Many businesses have re-opened and the U.S. Open King Mackerel Tournament will continue this weekend.
Though there is much work to be done on our main office and at some rental properties, we are working as quickly as conditions and resources will allow to open the doors of all of our vacation rentals again. In the mean time, we want to send a sincere thank you to all of our customers who continue to keep our staff and our area in your thoughts and prayers. Those who have chosen to share kind words and support have had a profoundly uplifting impact on our office and we are extremely grateful.