The Oak Island Parks and Recreation department invites locals and visitors alike to the 2018 Mardi Gras by the Sea Festival this Saturday, February 24, 2018, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. The People Parade kicks off the festival at 1 p.m. at SE 63rd Street and will wind its way along Oak Island Drive before ending at SE 46th Street.
After the parade the party continues at Middleton Park where festivalgoers will find the Mardi Gras Market with over 30 local artisans and vendors offering a variety of handmade and local goods. In addition to the market, there will be costume contests, a pet parade, kids games, food vendors and live entertainment. You can vote for the best-dressed pet at the parks and recreation tent. Come out anytime between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to get in on the fun! For more information contact the Oak Island Parks and Recreation department at 910.278.5518.
Mardi Gras by the Sea Schedule of Events
- 1:00 p.m. Parade Begins at SE 63rd Street
- 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Mardi Gras Market and Festival at Middleton Park
- 2:00 p.m. Costume Contest
- 2:30 p.m. Parade Winners Announced
- 3:00 p.m. Pet Parade around Middleton Park
- 3:30 p.m. Pet Costume Winners Announced